Welcome to My Pickle (“My Pickle”, “we”, “our”, “us”). We are a publicly sourced, free and non-profit website that helps anyone in the United Kingdom facing any big life challenge, including health, money, housing, family and relationships problems to quickly find trusted information, advice, and support.
What is the purpose of this Privacy Notice?
We are committed to privacy compliance and to earning our users’ (“you”, “your”) trust. To earn that trust, we aim to be transparent and ensure you understand our privacy practices including the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to this website https://mypickle.org/ and our service, which is operated by us.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
We are the operator of this website and we will be the controller of your personal data.
|My Pickle CIC||7 Bell Yard, London, England, WC2A 2JR|
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our service. This includes:
- Contact details: When you contact us, you may provide us with some basic contact details, such as your first name, surname and email address.
- Business details: If you are a service provider and you want to contact us, you may provide us with your contact details and the name of your organisation.
- Interaction details: If you contact our team or use our service, we may collect the information you give us during the interaction.
- Image: You may provide us with your picture when you share your story with us or when you become a volunteer. This shall be optional.
- Feedback: If you provide us with your feedback, we may collect your contact details and your opinion and experiences on how My Pickle has helped you. Providing your name and email address shall be optional.
- Donation-related details: If you want to donate, we may have access to details on your donations.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, in that case, please note that we may not always be able to fully provide you with our service.
Information we receive from others
- Social media platforms: If you post on our social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, depending on your privacy settings or the privacy policies of these sites, we may receive information about you from them.
Information collected when you use our website
- Device information: We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our website, including your IP address to protect against cyber-attacks. We may also collect information on search, browsing and results from using our website and related services.
- Why does My Pickle process my personal data for and what are the legal bases My Pickle relies on?
We may process your personal data for the purposes below and based on the following legal bases:
|Purpose||Data Categories||Legal Basis for processing|
|Relationship management in case you may want to contribute or cooperate with us, become a volunteer, provide feedback or add a listing.||Contact details|
|Necessary for the performance of our contract with you. We may make publicly available the personal information contained in your feedback based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.|
|Ensuring proper administration of our activity which includes keeping appropriate records, managing donations in case you are interested in donating to us and resolving your enquiries.||Contact details|
|Necessary for our legitimate interest pursued by us or our service providers acting on our behalf insofar as such interests do not pose a high risk to your rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interest is ensuring the continuity of our service.|
|Preventing, detecting and fighting fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities which may include processing users’ IP address for fraud prevention and crime detection purposes.||Contact details|
|Necessary for our legitimate interest pursued by us or our service providers acting on our behalf insofar as such interests do not pose a high risk to your rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interest is preserving the security of our service.|
|Performing website enhancement activities, which includes monitoring on how many visitors we have, where they come from and if they are unique or not.||Device information|
|Necessary for our legitimate interest pursued by us or our service providers acting on our behalf insofar as such interests do not pose a high risk to your rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interest is making our website and features more relevant and improving user experience.|
|Sending marketing communications about our service and us.||Contact details|
|Where you signed up for our email newsletter, we will send you relevant information based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. We will include an unsubscribe link in all our email communications, which removes you from receiving further communications.|
|To establish, exercise or defend legal claims in suspected or actual legal proceedings.||Any information subject to mandatory disclosure, where this is proportionate and lawful.||Necessary for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.|
|To exercise or perform any right or obligation which is conferred or imposed by law on us.||Any information subject to mandatory disclosure, where this is proportionate and lawful.||Necessary for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.|
|Where we are legally required, we may process your personal data in connection to specific legislation, statutory codes of practice and other legal related obligations.||Any information subject to mandatory disclosure, where this is proportionate and lawful.||Necessary for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.|
Who does My Pickle share your information with and why?
We may share your personal data with:
With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our website service and facilitate the fulfilment of essential service functions. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including personal information hosting and maintenance with security tools, marketing and communication, among others.
With other users of My Pickle
If you provide your consent, we may share your name and your feedback on how My Pickle has helped you with other users of My Pickle on our website and make your feedback publicly available.
When you add a listing, if you decide so, your name may be publicly available on our website.
When required by law
We may disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary with regulators, law enforcement agencies or where mandatory under a court order: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
How does My Pickle send information outside of my country?
We may transfer your personal data to our suppliers and other third parties in countries different to your country of residence.
Where we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, we will only do so, where we are satisfied that your data protection rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisational and contractual safeguards in accordance with data protection laws.
These safeguards may include EU standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit personal information transfers from the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area to other countries.
You may request further information on the measures used for the international transfers at email@example.com.
What are my privacy rights?
In certain circumstances, you may exercise the rights available to you under applicable data protection legislation as follows:
- Right to access copies of your personal data.
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data about you.
- Right to withdraw consent previously provided. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Right to object to processing your personal data when we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests.
- Right to erasure your personal data, within limited circumstances.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability, where applicable.
- Right to lodge a complaint with your country’s data protection authority, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details below in Section 11 “How can I contact My Pickle?”.
We respond to all requests we receive from users in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests. In some cases, we may reject requests for certain reasons (for example, if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user).
How does My Pickle protect my personal information?
We have implemented, and will maintain current, reasonable physical, technical, and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
How long does My Pickle retain my personal information?
Your personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise required by applicable law.
In particular, we will retain your personal data as follows:
- Published data (credited names on listings, and feedback) remain publicly available as long as our website is operative and they remain relevant to help others and advance our social mission. You can ask us to delete your published data at any time contacting us using the email below.
- Besides the published data described above, personal data processed by us will be retained for a maximum of 3 years after they are no longer needed for the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems unless there are any applicable laws that oblige us to retain such data.
In some cases, we may be required to retain your personal data for a longer period where applicable laws or regulations require or allow us to do so. Where possible, we aim to anonymise the information or remove unnecessary identifiers from records that we may need to keep for longer periods beyond the specified retention period.
In case of any questions relating to data retention, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can this Privacy Notice change?
This Privacy Notice may be amended from time to time. We will post any changes we may make on this page. When amendments are made, we will update the “Last updated” date at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
How can I contact My Pickle?
If you have questions regarding your privacy and rights, please let us know how we can help.
- Email: email@example.com
- Post mail: 77 Bell Yard, London, England, WC1N 3AX
Last updated: January 2023